Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pointless things people say Part II – Shaadi ke Side Effects !!

The age of 26-27 is a very interesting period of life and a very challenging one. Your peer group begins to get married suddenly and suddenly the world becomes divided into the haves and have-nots. It does not matter which group you are in, you experience a weird feeling and are awkward how to talk about the topic regarding impeding marriage. The following are the few gems which you shall hear in conversations. What they say and What they mean.

You two make a great couple / You two look cute together


Even if the guy looks like a rhinoceros and the girl looks like giraffe who could be mistaken for a ladder, you have to say this statement because it is politically correct thing to say. Alternatively It is also a nice way of saying, teri aaukat ke liye this person is more than enough.


Who is the lucky girl ?


This is a line said with least conscience, especially when you know the guy is a drunkard, constant womanizer or he is very orthodox / boring. There is no way in life, you would want your sister or friends to marry this chap, still do you really think the girl is lucky. Shame on all of you who use this line without remorse.


Beta shaadi ke baad you are so dead !!


It is extremely ironical, it is always the single unmarried man who seems to know that marriage is a deathtrap. It has been passed on from generations of unmarried men to make fun of the guy who is going to get married. I mean what empirical proof exists that states that married folks are more unhappy than whining pining single clan ?


I have found the one....

I was given this unsolicited but extremely relevant advice by a thrice married and thrice divorced person that “ Get married early in life, then you get to choose, in case you wait too late you get chosen”.

Arranged or love marriages become a stressful experience after a period of time , if you have seen more and more people without success. At first you are idealistic, you have a role model about your ideal person. With more rejections on the way, then you think there is something wrong with you , so you are ready to compromise with your dream man/woman a little.

Eventually the little compromise ended up with you are just glad that he/she is human, off the opposite gender and for some wierd reason doesnt seem to dislike you unlike the rest of her/his gender.

The sentence should actually read as I have the found the one … ( perhaps the last one on earth so Hurry offer valid untill stocks last !! )


It happened so fast … I didn't time to tell anyone


I had all the time, I didnt have time to tell you even my my 3rd cousin from Alaska knew before you. I seriously hope you didn't fall for that one. The fact is I did not want to share it with you, at least now get a hint of your standing in my social circle you loser !!


Disclaimer – The comments are exaggerated liberally so don't take offense to them
Yeah right, I have said what I wanted to really say but now,with this disclaimer, I can shirk the responsibilities for my statements ;)

11 comments:

  1. Hilarious!! and so true... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anki, Sweta - you are most welcome to add some more corny lines !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....now i know wh u told me so late.....too good baba...I was damn sure you will become wiser soon. ( you can add this as another line ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Mayank - oops I am being over honest aint I, in my defense, you were among the first to know :)

    yeah Shaadi ke baad, ladka sudhar jaayega is an interesting line too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gans, Excellnt post. I couldn't agree you more.
    One more silly line people say is 'You two look made for each other' or 'I am very happy for you two..' without single hesitation as if they attended the coupl's naming ceremony.. :-D
    I also experienced that some people started Congratulating (with the highest tone of enthusiasm) even before I finished my statement 'I am getting married'.. I thought 'arre bhai mere, sun to le main kiske saath shaadi kar rahaa hoo, itna baavla honeki jaroorat kyaa hai !'

    :-D

    No doubt, all these incidents promise a good laughter..

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally awesome stuff i think u get better and better at the pointless things ppl say ..... looking forward for the trilogy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ronak - Thanks a lot :) yeah need to think up of a good part 3 now ... trusting the pointless things of point I am thinking of going the Rocky way maybe stretch it to part 6

    @ Sandy - thanks for your kind words :) as always ! actually the two lines you said are extremely common its funny i missed out on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha very very true. people say these pointless things man...
    your this post made me laugh....good one..keep writing good stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Harman/pratik - Thanks a lot for ur kind comments

    ReplyDelete