Monday, February 23, 2009

Pointless Things People Say !

Considering the 'busy' lives we yuppies (young urban professionals) allegedly live with only weekends to unwind and recoup. The weekends are the only thing to look forward to in lives. But people are always wanting that piece of our time. The ever increasing modes of communication like emails, social networking sites, mobile phones and instant messengers like gtalk/yahoo has made avoiding these people even tougher!

In order to avoid such people, a new set of pointless statements have been manufactured in order to make this more platable. These have now become part of daily conversations when we really do not want to keep in touch with people but also want to seem so politically correct about it.

Top pointless lines people say and what they mean :-

We should meet up/catch up sometime !

More like next lifetime or something, I hope I never bump into you any time soon.

I am bit busy at work, can we talk in the evening ....

Never mind, I am sitting right now in the canteen with similar jobless colleagues having coffee but I really do not want to talk to you.

I will call you on the weekend pucca

yeah Right, you could die waiting by the phone ….. get a life loser !!

Dil se he/she is not bad !

When you have nothing nice to say about a person … you end up saying this !

We stay in the same city and haven't met up it is really bad !

We stay in the same city and WOW am I glad the city is so big, I can avoid people like you :)

How is life ? Bas chal raha hai tu bata

Ultimate filler statement... I do not want to tell me how my life is !! but I do not mind if u spill the beans about your life...

I am so busy re, I just don't have time for anything these days...

I am not THAT busy, it is just that I do not have ANY TIME for you these days !!


This post has been written partly in jest and is highly exaggerated but the truth lies somewhere in between.


10 comments:

  1. Gansbhai, thanks yaar.. I am happy that you actually put a blog on these pointless things as you had mentioned in prev reply.. this post was awesome.. very funny too.. keep up the good work man, i literally enjoy reading your posts.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sandy ... actually i liked your 'heart of gold' wala line a lot in the previous comment you made me think of posting tis blog-post ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. funny but very very true... i loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baba...I am so busy re at work that I just don't have time for anything these days...We should meet up/catch up sometime whenever you are in Mumbai also,I will call you on the weekend pucca because Dil se you are not bad !
    We sometimes are in the same city and don't met up, it is really bad ! anyways, How is life ? Mera Bas chal raha hai tu bata......


    Well written baba.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Harman - thanks a lot for the nice comments !

    @ Mayank - am glad u are putting the theory into practice :P ! btw i am coming to mumbai tis month end ... we should catch up sometime :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re Ganesh I have been keeping very busy these days :-D so read your blog quite late ( I guess this one liner can also get a chance to entry in the list......

    Amazing post dude.....really loved it.......very true and bring out one hard fact of life......with such weird excuses we keep on neglecting even our loved ones also (it happens because we tend to think there is a change in priority for us in that particular moment). By the time we realise we have neglected people and diluted our relationship with them.....things go too far.....

    Good one Ganesh....keep it up... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I had commented on this one!

    Your blog reminded me of how many ppl I must have told this? Lolz...But it is the truth you know that how busssy I am :P!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ ankita - yeah i know you are so busy :) to support slackers like us at work !! but we should catch up some time ;) :P ( but i mean it though )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't resist the temptation of adding one more to ur list :
    People say "Hey, how r u ?"
    They mean "Come on!, give me the answer fast, so i can come to the point"

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ anonymous - but there is a risk with how are you question ? you could end up with a long sob story about his/her work/love/family life which you didnt anticipate :P

    so not always a safe question to put forth I must say

    ReplyDelete